At Lost Society, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We highly appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use your information in a certain way and we want you to fully be able to understand what data we have of you and how we use it.
Personal Data We Collect (When & Why)
Name & Contact Details
Contacting you via email, post, phone to let you know about our latest news:
To make sure you get all the information you need and want. You can decide what you want to hear from us.
Featuring Lost Society adverts as your browse other websites:
For you to get inspired and so you don’t miss our latest products or sales.
Fraud prevention and detection:
To detect and prevent fraud against either you or ourselves.
Your contact history with us
Because we want to provide you with the best service possible.
Train our staff:
So you have a nice experience and get any issues resolved.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, email address or any other personal information. However, it’s important that you know that we do share your data with third parties and we want you to fully be aware of this so you can understand how and why they use your data if they do.
These third parties are essential partners of ours and they help us provide our services to you. These third parties can be:
- Our partners who are the link between you and us and who make it possible for you to get the service you are looking for, for example booking system providers.
- Businesses who help us be better at what we do, such as advertising agencies, website hosts, all of these who help us with our business.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you
We ask for your permission before we send you any marketing materials by email, post or text. We just want to let you know about latest events, offers and other exciting things we’re up to, so you are always up to date.
We made it easy for you to stop receiving marketing messages from us. If you don’t want to receive more marketing material from us just simply do one of the followings.
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our emails
- By contacting email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The cookies and pixel tags on our website collect information when you visit our website such as: IP-address, unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features, unique device identifier and device type, domain, browser type and language, operating system and system settings, country and time zone, information about your interaction with our website such as click behavior and access times and referring URLs.
We use three types of cookies on our website which are used for the following purposes:
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow you use our website and use its specific features, such as adding products to your basket or to your wishlist. The cookies also assist in security measures we have in place.
- Performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure our website performance, improve its features as well as your shopping experience. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We want you to feel comfortable with us handling your data and it is important that you know what exactly you have the right to do. You have the right to:
- Know exactly what data we have of you and how we use it
- Stop receiving direct marketing messages processing at any time, by withdrawing consent or opting-out
- Access your data personal data
- Correct your personal data in case it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Delete or request that we delete your data, at any time
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact our team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
339 Battersea Park Road
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our website. This page was last modified in February 2019.